Archived News Flash
- Dec. 2009 台北市 Class Reunion:
- Click here for more reunion pictures. This link is provided by 蕭正男. Please send him pictures for uploading to the website if you would like to share them with other classmates. Click here for more (102) pictures from Kenny Chen.
- An invitation letter from classmates in Taiwan to participate in 畢業 50 週年 class reunion. Please contact 馮道國 for 活動及旅遊行程 (2009年11月30日~12月6日)
- An invitation letter from 溫啟邦 to participate in 畢業 50 週年 class reunion.
- An invitation letter from 楊敏盛 to participate in 畢業 50 週年 class reunion.
- A mini-reunion was held in Taipei on Feb. 12, 2009. Attendants were: First row from left in the photo 劉伯欽,馮道國,陳春雄,李青松,鄭義雄 Second row from left 溫啟邦,楊敏盛,張幸雄,吳毓剛,林正一,江勝雄,江昭彥,謝照明.
- Bill H. Cheng 鄭熹 (四班) is organizing a group tour to depart from the US on 11/28/09 to Taiwan for 畢業 50 週年和建中校友會校慶. If you are interested in joining the group, please contact him at email@example.com
- 關於今後同學會活動，討論結論如下：明年 (2009) 畢業 50 週年，和建中校友會於校慶 (12月6日)以次之週六或週日舉辦聯合其他班級之擴大慶祝會聚餐。此前一週我們六班辦理環島旅遊。為便於聯繫，同學通訊錄由馮道國繼續彙集更新。南加州，北加州同學資訊請周實，洪惠光分別提供。賴昭正已建之 Website 可參閱。並請各位同學協助使通訊錄趨完整。此外還要編寫 50 週年紀念冊，內涵包括各位同學5千字以內之自傳，中英文均可。編製工作由林哲雄擔綱。
- 同學會活動報告(馮道國):6月28 29日在世外桃源般的師大林口校區聚會，參加的有：江昭彥，謝照明，林正一，張信雄，郭義雄，李青松，鄭義雄，江勝雄，溫啟邦&夫人，馮道國，吳毓剛，林哲雄，陳金海 等同學。其中吳毓剛特從香港趕來。林哲雄與陳金海這次才聯絡上與大夥相聚。在台的尚有：楊敏盛，李亦樵，王興義，陳春雄恰好有事未能來，以及劉惠生沒聯絡上頗為可惜。活動節目輕鬆恰意 ，更在29日上午與在Bay area 的洪惠光，高政治，劉伯欽以Skype 視訊暢談達高潮。
- 今年(2008)再聚會兩次：10月3,4,5 日 (星期五,六,日) 金門國家公園旅遊。12 月6,7,8 日(星期六,日,一) 花東旅遊。(12月6日校慶聚餐後出發)以後每約三個月一次，次第遍遊全部國家公園。
- From Gilbert (6/29/08) Dear Classmates: It was great fun using video conferencing. Feng DaoKuo is certainly to be recognized for extra effort in setting up the Taiwan skype. The Bay Area Group is only three of us: CC Kao, Puching Liu, missing George and Kun T. We should do this more often. I would certainly like to have a follow up list of all the dignified, venerable and some grey eminence from Taiwan. Some classmate like Chen Ching Hai that I have not seen in ages. He certainly remind me of our lost friend, Ar Mao. I believe he was the first one to leave us some time ago. My last memory of him was in Ann Arbor, Michigan around 1973 when he left MIT to Pullman in Washington State, near WSU to take up a Nuclear Eng job there. I am sure maybe Ching Hai knew more. Following is a picture taken on that day:
- How many of those old friends can you identify in the following pictures taken in January of 2008?
More pictures of the reunions, provided by KT Chen, can be found
- The first class reunion? This was the picture taken on Dec. 10, 1988 at a reunion called by 陳坤地 when he was in charge of Westinghouse Taipei Office. It was held in Taipei American Club. The list of the participants was provided by 馮道國. Sitting (from left): 古萩雄,江昭彥, 陳金海,李青松,劉惠生,郭義雄,馮道國,林正一; Standing (from left): 陳坤地,江勝雄, 張信雄,陳春雄,楊敏盛,吳毓剛,柯賢明,王興義,鄭義雄,謝照明
- Because of IK Wu's business trip to the US, a mini-reunion was organized by Gilbert Hong and held on July 15, 2007 (Sunday) at Ming's Restaurant in Palo Alto. Participants were IK Ku and his son, Gilbert Hong, Cheng-Chi Kuo and his wife, Kun-Ti (Kenny) Chen and his wife, Chao-Jang (George) Lie and his wife, as well as guests Nan-Shiun (Peter) Lee and his wife. We had a very good time remembering the good old days that we completely forgot about time until someone mentioned that he had other engagement to attend.
- Cheng-Chi Kuo has been traveling much less for the past year because of his parents' illness. He talked a lot about the problems his father is facing. We all learned a lot from his experience in dealing with them, and secretly wished that they won't happen to us. But, unfortunately, Nature makes no discrimination whether you are rich or poor, CEO or laborer, ... How old are we now?
- Despite being old, IK Wu and George Lie are still working like there is no tomorrow. IK still runs his own business and told me that he would like to pass to his son one of these days so he can concentrate on playing stock markets. I am now working in Shanghai and "visiting" my wife Thelma 4 times a year in San Jose. Badminton every Saturday for 2 hours non-stop is now my passion. By the way, I am now a first time grandpa in April, 2008.
- Gilbert is a very happy grandfather. He travels a lot visiting his 3 daughters and just came back from seeing his grandchildren in San Diego.
- Kenny said that his wife, Komi, is very "famous" in the cyberspace now. You can find a lot of her art works there! We were surprised and impressed to hear that Kenny is still writing diary! His life must be still full of fun and hopes!
- Peter Lee was also a 1959 graduate of CK High. He was an alumnus of me again in Chicago. He just retired from his teaching post in Hong Kong and is living in San Francisco now. For better or worse, he and his wife still remember vividly the loud voice of me.
- We also heard that Yih-Shun Gou is currently the president of National Taiwan Normal University. Congratulation, Yih-Shun! click here to see our handsome looking (well, maybe a little bit old, but who isn't?) classmate and here for his biography. Do you know that Dr. Gou was named the outstanding alumnus of Chian Kuo Senior High School in its first selection?
- It looks like Kuo enjoyed the mini-reunion so much that he is inviting everybody for another get together on August 12, 2007, Sunday, at 11;30 a.m.
Please give him a call at 650-948-1800 if you happen to be in the Bay Area and is not invited.
- Rumor has it that... No, just kidding. It is not a rumor. Gilbert said "President Guo Yi-Hsiung has been inaugulated as the President of Shida since April of 2005. I spent 6 month in Taiwan from 11/2006 to 4/2007 as a Visiting Professor in the Institute of Optical Science and Technology, working on my biodisc and miro array. Dr Guo was extremely gracious and we frequently had little reunion with Ming Sheng Yang, Chou Ming Shieh, Cheng I Lin, Fung Dao Guo, Jiang Jao Yan, Li Yi Chao, and Wen C P." He also mentioned that Dr. Guo is doing a great job as the President and they are thinking about having another reunion at Shida.
- From what I've heard, Cheng-Chi Kuo's daughter just got married around the end of 2005. Congratulations!
- Our second class reunion since we left school was held on Nov. 15-18, 2003:
- Po-Ching Liu and his wife, from Singapore, are here in Mountain View for their daughter's wedding (please stay tuned). Classmates in the Bay Area will hold a welcome party for him on Thursday, June 13, 2002.
- I. K. Wu is here again in the Bay Area for training for two weeks. We all should admire his fighting spirit of "constantly pursuing of knowledge until the last day." C. C. Kao, Gilbert H. K. Hong, George C. Lie, and he had a nice time on Sunday, June 6, 2002. We met at 5:30pm and did not say goodby until 10:30pm.
- The group in the Los Angeles area had a small classmate reunion on 12-28-01 at Ten Ten Seafood Restaurant in Cerritos. The party was hosted by Frank Shih Chou and Paul Po-Yuan Chen. Roger Hsien-Ming Ko, Wuu-Yann Lin, and Yi-Hong Chiang were the guests.
- Tzeng-Shing Chen retired from Raytheon Co. on Dec. 21, 2001 and will go back to work as a consultant starting the next year. Congratulations to Tzeng-Shing for entering another milestone in his career. Please note that he has a new email address.
- The welcome party for I. K. Wu hosted by K. T. Chen in south San Jose yesterday was a great success. The party started with patrolling the silk paints at KTChen's house around 2pm and ended in a Chinese restaurant around 9:30pm on Oct. 28, 2001. At the party were couples of Gilbert Hwei-Kwan Hong, Cheng Chi Kao, George Chao-Jang Lie, Kenny Kun-Ti Chen, and, of course, the guest of honor Mr. I. K. Wu. We learnt a lot of whereabouts of our classmates from IK Wu. We also had a lot of laughters and many reminiscences of the old days. In case you do not already know, KT Chen's wife, Komi, is an established artist in Taiwan. Those beautiful silk paints hanging all over the walls in their house are the results of her hard work.
- Shiau JengNan & ChungTzu were back in their sweet home in the United States from Taiwan. Welcome home!
- A mini-reunion hosted by Mr. and Mrs. C. C. Kao was held at Palo Alto Hills Golf and Country Club to welcome Shiau JengNan & ChungTzu on Sept. 28, 2001. At the reunion were Lie ChaoJeng George & Thelma, Chen KunTi Kenny & Komi, and Kao ChengChi & Susan. From CCKao: We missed another local couple Hong HweiKwan Gilbert & Wendy who were out of town. It was a very long chatting. We reminisced a lot about happy things almost 40 - 45 years ago! We started at about 5:30 p.m. (as you originally wished to start). Ours was the first table to be served in the club yesterday evening, but the last to leave at about 10:15 p.m., well beyond the normal club closing time.